WhenYour Child Should Wear Glasses : Why are there people who wear glasses but some are not?. This is because the eyes can be different on each person, not just the color, but also how the eye works and how good his eyesight. Sometimes not all parts of the eye can work well, if so then the use of glasses or contact lenses can help some people to be able to see more clearly.
To that end, this time healthcare-news.net try to make an article about the glasses :
How it Works Our Eyes
Eyeball consists of certain parts that work to be able to produce a vision, namely:
Cornea, a thin layer of the eye that helps to focus
Iris, the colored part of the eye
Pupil, the eye that serves to incorporate light kemata
Eye lens, same function as Korena so the eye can focus
Retina, which is located behind the eyes
When all parts of the eye work properly, then there will be no problems with vision. The way we see things, is when our eyes capture picture / image as the camera and send the images to our brain, to be interpreted. For example, if there is an elephant in front of us, it is almost that time the brain will say, there is an elephant in front of us.
Eyes need to deflect the beam, so that the image can be focused clearly onto the retina. The better the record retinal images, the more obvious interpretation that will be given by the brain and also the clearer the picture will look.
Refraction is important to bend light. If someone is having vision problems, so often it is due to refraction. Glasses or contact lenses can work well, because they can fix the problem refraction. In other words, they can bend light so we can see more clearly.
Vision correction using laser light also can be done, but it is not recommended to be done in children because they are still in the growth stage.
Eyes Far & Near
Eyes distant and close the eye is a common eye problem experienced. The following differences between them:
- Eyes close, meaning that a person can only see something close, like a book and find it difficult to see objects / objects located far away.
- Eyes far, the opposite of nearsightedness, meaning that a person can see an object / thing that much, but can not see the object / objects that are close, such as the writing in the book.
In both cases above, the image of an object is not focused properly on the retina. In the eyes close, then the image is focused in front of the retina, while in the distant eye, the image is focused behind the retina. Shape a person’s eyeball can also cause problems such refraction.
Another problem that can occur refraction is astigmatism. That is where the cornea of the eye has the same shape that bend light in different directions. It can distort one’s vision and make things / objects appear blurry.
Eyeglasses or contact lenses to improve vision because they allow the eye to focus light on the retina in the right place, the place that can produce the most vivid images. For the eyes of someone different from the others, then the glasses that can make a person see clearly, to make the vision become blurred when used by others.
If we require glasses, then the doctor will prescribe glasses, to be able to create a lens that corrects vision.
When having problems with vision, it is necessary to do an eye exam. Then when it is necessary to wear glasses, then we can see an eye doctor or optometrist for prescription glasses then redeem those in the optical.
When performing an eye examination, usually we will be asked to read the writing on the chart. This chart contains the letters of different sizes. Then we were also asked to read a short range, such as reading in a book. This test measures the ability of our vision for both near and far distances.
If it turns out we need glasses or contact lenses, then there is a special tool that allows us to try different types of lenses until we find a lens that can make the vision become clearer.
So Kids Want Wear Glasses
Sometimes children are reluctant to wear glasses, either because they feel uncomfortable or perhaps because of fear of ridicule by their peers. Here are some tips taken from kidsgrowth.com, so that children want to wear glasses:
- Begin to teach your child the habit to wear glasses in a short time and fun time ago, so that children can get used to. Expected with so, then the child will feel happy to forget that he was wearing glasses. For example, when watching a child’s favorite show on television.
- If the child let go of his glasses, then make sure you put them back on in a gentle way. Because children do not feel that it can be used as a way to attract the attention of the parents.
- Check the suitability of the size of the glasses used. When the kids are grown, the glasses can be cramped and uncomfortable to wear.
- Positive action. The behavior of the parents or the people in the family can affect children. By showing that the glasses are pretty cool to use and demonstrate the artist or character who wears glasses, can increase the child’s confidence to wear glasses.
- Praise the child who always remember to wear glasses and do not immediately scold him when he took off his glasses.
- Give the child the freedom to choose the type of frame you want wearing. For example, parents choose several types of frames were deemed suitable for children, and then allow the child to choose who would like to wearing.
- Make it a habit to wear glasses as part of a child’s routine. For example, by putting the glasses in the morning when children dress or release it when they want to shower or sleep. Also inform the teacher at the school, that the child is now wearing glasses, so be advised if the glasses proficiency level is not used.
Thanks for reading When Your Child Should Wear Glasses , speak up your mind in comment form below.